The Merrimack Valley was originally inhabited by various groups of Native Americans.
Europeans settled Manchester in 1722 as a farming community several miles east of the Merrimack River. For many years the town was known as Derryfield until it was renamed Manchester in 1810 to honor Samuel Blodget’s vision of a great industrial city like that of Manchester England.
Samuel Blodget developed a canal and lock system around the Amoskeag Falls that opened a trade route from Boston to Concord. The canal and lock system made it possible for the Amoskeag Manufacturing Company to open its doors in 1838, becoming the world’s largest cotton milling operation with 64 mills lining the banks of the Merrimack River. The mills brought cultural diversity to the city as immigrants moved to Manchester looking for good paying mill jobs.
Today the city of Manchester remains the economic engine of the state. The millyard now houses The University of New Hampshire Manchester campus, high-tech companies, website companies, museums, and insurance and manufacturing companies, restaurants, gyms, retail stores and more!
This text is courtesy of the Manchester Chamber of Commerse. Vist them at: www.manchester-chamber.org
For more History, visit the Manchester Historic Association and Millyard Museum web stie at: www.manchesterhistoric.org
You may also want to print out the Breakout Sessions here as you will be asked to select them during registration. Details of the sessions are availabe in the Conference Schedule.
1) Navigate to www.ERAPPA2018.org
2) At the top right corner of the page select the button that says "Register as an Attendee"
Note: This will bring you to a log in page on the APPA web site. You will need your APPA user account information to complete this page. If you do not have it there are links on this page to check to see if you have an account and to create an account if necessary.3) Upon signing in you will be brought to the "Dashboard Dynamic Overview" page. In the section labeled My Events select ERAPPA 2018.
This link will put you into the registration system. If you have registered for an APPA event in the past most of your personal information will be pre populated.
*Be sure to answer all required questions with asterics*.4) Edit or enter your Badge and Contact information.
5) Edit or enter the Event Specific Information.
6) If you are a first time attendee to an ERAPPA Conference answer the specific questions.
7) Select continue to the next page.Note: Any errors on the page may have to be corrected.
8) Select your "Registration Option"
9 Select continue to the next page.
10) Select Add next to each Social Event you plan on attending.
Note: This is important for the host Committee to plan the right number of seats for each event.11) Select Add next to each Breakout Session you plan on attending.
12) Once selections are completed review your Itinerary on the Itinerary window. Scroll down and review your total. At the bottom of the Itinerarey window select continue to confirm your registration.
13) At the bottom of the Confirmation page you have the ability to register additional individuals before checking out and paying. If you are complete select continue.
14) Choose payment method and hit submit.